Sunday, March 2, 2014

Colored Project

In Progress...
  The theme I have picked is explore, because this theme has gave me the opportunity to do something different.  I enjoy traveling and exploring a variety of places and that's why I also picked this theme as well, I've been to a lot of places with my family and friends.  But in this project I didn't want to draw a place I've already been to I wanted to incorporate a drawing that shows where I want to go in the future and this explore drawing also shows what type of area interest me.  That is why I am drawing the London tower bridge for my project, because my dream is to one day go to London and enjoy their scenery especially on top of the tower bridge.  During my project I wasn't sure if I should use colored pencils or oil pastels for my bridge, but after thinking I decided to use colored pencils as my medium.  I picked colored pencils as my medium because its easier to use them in the tight places that I drew for my tower.  Also the colored pencils can help my audience see every detail in the picture, unlike the oil pastels that would become very messy and very complicated to view my picture.  I knew that when I was picking this type of bridge it would take time and patience as well as some difficulties.  The difficulties I've been having is trying to get all the details and angles right that are shown in the tower.  There were so many details that I needed to focus on and I also wanted to have the London bridge pop out more from the sky, so to show more emphasis on the bridge I had to make sure I was using the right colors and to color in the right places to make the picture look more realistic and to have the right lighting in the sky, tower, and in the water below.









Finished...
  I think my finished piece was successful, I think I made the tower look a lot like the actual London tower bridge.  I drew all the details that were visible on the bridge and I think the background and the sky behind it looks very nice especially from my shading and different shades of colored pencils I used.  I  believe I drew straight lines and angles to make the bridge and I think the buildings behind the tower are successful as well.  In my project I like the background such as the buildings, sky, and water, but I am most proud of the tower bridge.  The Tower Bridge was the main thing that needed to be in the project and I think after I did well on that it made the rest of the drawings behind it fit and look really good.  At first I thought that maybe I couldn't draw the bridge but after putting my mind to it I think I did a really good job.  The details and color on it makes the picture come to life more and let the audience see more clearly what time of day it is and where its at.  If I had to change one thing about my project it would be the sky, because I feel like I did good on the sky, but I wish I added more shades of blue and filled in the tiny white spaces more to help emphasize the bridge.  Also I wish I added some black into the blue to show a more night sky than a clear blue sky in the morning.  In the project I learned that a place such as the London tower bridge has many details that you might not notice at first but when you stop to take a good look for a project that's when you see the project in a different way and get everything that catches your eye like the details and the background, also the more you add the more the place can look realistic.  Another thing I learned from the project is that there are many techniques to draw a project like one can be in pencil while the other can be colored by colored pencils.  I think I like this project more because we were able to use color, I learned that sometimes color can help a project catch the audiences eye but its also how you put that medium or material in it.  As for example I was able to have lighting and a pretty sky from the different shades of colored pencils and the bridge even looked more better with the colors in the background and the colors on the bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment