Monday, March 17, 2014

Print Making





Artists Communicate through their work...
1.)While doing this project i wanted to show pop art, which is art that when people look at that piece they automatically know what it is from it being popular in today's society.
2.)In this project i wanted to show how addicting games such as flappy bird can be, and sooner or later the word spreads about different games such as this one and more and more people start to play it.  As for me i never thought i could be interested in a game like this but after my friends were talking to me about it and i started to play it, i couldn't stop because it was fun and i wanted to beat my high score.  Later this game became more popular and people would talk about it on the social networks getting more people addicted and wanting to play so that's why i decided to do flappy bird because all of a sudden this game becomes popular in a flash.  Everyone loves technology and use their phones and the apps on their phones like flappy bird that's what mostly society is about now and we just keep on using it and using it and playing games over and over again and my print making of flappy bird shows how much games can affect people and how also technology can affect people, but its still fun and once people see my piece they automatically know what it is.
3.)I did this piece because i felt that it was pop art because this game was popular and it was all over social networks, and all the time i would hear people talking about it as well as play the game. I was also playing the game every single day and wouldn't stop because it was fun and a little addicting, so after that I knew i had to do flappy bird to show how many people constantly played it and automatically know what it was when they saw the picture.
Artists Take Risks...
1.)I wasn't sure what colors i should use for flappy bird because there were so many of them, like blue, orange, yellow, black, white, red, etc. It was especially hard for me because instead of the bird staying yellow it changed colors throughout the game so it was also a difficult decision to see what the official color should be for the bird. After knowing the colors i wanted, it was hard to make all the colors shown on the printmaking from so many layers, but light to dark helped me.
2.)I did have new materials in this project such as the ink involved, this was my first time using ink and I wasn't sure if the picture was going to turn out right.  But really my printmaking did turn out well and the colors popped out and it looks really good from the ink, so maybe one day I can use this material again.  It was also different for me when I kept on overlapping my picture, each time I used different colors.  I'm usually use to drawing a sketch that one time and I never repeated the same steps for my previous projects but for this one it was different.  I enjoyed this project and it was a new way for me to create art with just a block, ink, and rolling paint brush.


No comments:

Post a Comment